Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I am back: News from Rome


I am afraid this shows my addiction to blogging, I got in half an hour ago and well here I am ... and having missed, the you know what.


Well here is a little scoopette, I met Fr Anon. in a the Borgo Pio, just outside the Vatican City who had been speaking to a certain South American Cardinal, who will be anonymous too.

His Eminence said commenting on one English Bishop, who will be anonymous but whose comments by suggesting that those who wanted the Blessed Pope John Missal were people "issues", hit the secular press.

Well His Eminence said, "Until the publication of the Motu Proprio those who used the Old Missal may well have been looked upon as people with issues BUT now Priests and Bishops who do not use it it or are hostile to it are the ones with issues".
More when I have had some sleep, its 2.30 in the morning!!!

4 comments:

Dr. Peter H. Wright said...

All right. Be discreet. Be diplomatic.

But we aren't completely daft, you know. We already know which English bishops have "issues" with the old Missal.

No, no. I'm not going to name them. Let them be anon.

But since Summorum Pontificum,
any "issues" they have with the old Mass no longer matter.

Because it is no longer the old Mass.

The Pope has said so.

Roma locuta est. Causa finita est.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Father - we have missed you!

Amette

Mulier Fortis said...

2:30am and blogging? Yes, that is a serious blogging addiction. Problem? Not necessarily...
;-)

Anonymous said...

Certainly, this has been my experience in the short time since I was received into the Church. I have heard a number of priests express the opinion that only "troubled people" go to the "Latin Mass". Another opinion I've heard is that those who go there are usually gay!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...